Get them sponsored first by a veteran mystic (maybe you!) and then we’ll send them an invite code to let them get registered right away! The sooner the better, as camp always fills up.
If we are on waitlist only mode (meaning we are at our max cap) they will need to will out our Waitlist Webform (which is NOT a full registration) where they provide their space requirements and contributions to camp. Make sure they mention that they aren’t adding to the footprint which will greatly improve their chances.
Then once they will likely need to wait for a few weeks as we deliberate over who we can let through to register on our plot. Tell them to stay tuned and they will hear from us if we can accommodate them.
Here is the sponsorship process which is the first step:
1) Each person must have an existing Mystic sponsor who can vouch for their awesomeness, initiate them to camp culture and help them out during burn week if they need anything. We don’t recommend that existing mystics intro more than one or two people to camp in a given year - remember, you’re responsible for your friend so make sure they will make camp a funner place and make you proud! We want people to be ecstatic about joining our family and ready to roll up their sleeves for some radical participation and a wonderful week at the burn.
2) Have you or your sponsoree answer the following two questions. Then ccing you and them on in an email send in their answers to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Sponsoring new mystic 2018”. Make sure to Cc your virgin to make sure that we have the correct email address that they use for their Burner Profile so that they’ll receive the invite code they’ll need to register with us along with future announcements. We want you to introduce all of us!
- A) How do you currently embody our core Mystic values? (Radical Contribution, Radical Collaboration, Radical Compassion, Radical Self-Expression, Radical Evolution)
- B) How SPECIFICALLY do you plan on contributing to creating Mystic?...There are no spectators at burning man (coming early for build, staying for exodus, joining a few teams, leading a specific team, doing sessions in our healing dome, leading a workshop/talk, giving a performance, etc.)
To help answer Question B, referencing this page is useful: http://campmystic.org/teams-camp-mystic
3) Request to add them to the Facebook group and introduce them their so they can be welcomed by the community...bonus points for adding in a fun picture so we can see their beautiful face.